Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Reflections- Clutter

Some call it clutter;
I Call it life.
Countless things collected over the years, making it hard to squeeze them into a small house.
How do I decide what to keep, what to sell, and what to throw away?
Somethings are little snippets of life, claiming a special place in my heart.
Faded greeting cards, my grandmother's vase;
Seashells from the Caribbean, my child's first report card;
Other things are just scattered here and there,stockpile in drawers and cabinets.
Lord, I do not need all of this stuff I once thought I had to have,but it is not easy to let it go.
Keep me from being burdened down with stacks and piles of who knows what.
Help me to sort through the clutter and remember that the things of this world are only temporary.
Show me how to lighten my load, knowing my eternal inheritance awaits.
-Missy Buchanan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment